Monday, March 27, 2006

Lessons in Toy Making

The opportunity to speak about the development of Lilli&Tom and their construction to grade 5 was very rewarding. They spoke of learning that they could make things at home.

I brought along examples of the materials and tools I use for them to see and touch; then explained the process of construction; answered questions and asked them what they thought I did next at each stage.

I've made up some colouring pages of Lilli&Tom outlined on a photo of King George Square in Brisbane's CBD, together with a few line drawings of clothes and accessories and hair styles. Everyone got to take a set back to school with them. They'll be hung up in class and at the Library. I'll be posting a couple of their master pieces here on the blog so stay tuned!

(Please note: the photos in the story "Lilli&Tom at Sandgate Library" have been taken and posted with individual parental consent.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home